Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Island of Fohr with Rotary

hi!
this weekend i was at another district Rotary meeting on an island called Föhr. our district (district 1890) met up with district 1940, who all come from the Berlin area (lucky!). so all together we were about 100 foreign exchange students. we stayed and slept in an old school there in Föhr. on friday night, we all met up and danced and talked and ate. saturday, we ventured out into the wind and cold (there was a big storm over the weekend), went to an indoor swim hall, then went to Hotel Atlantis right on the beach and ate from an assortment of 10 or so different types of cake, all for free. mmmm. saturday night, the students gave a short sort of presentation representing their country - singing, a skit, a dance, anything really. mexico and brazil and venezuela were the loudest and most energetic, as always. argentina did a nice tango presentation, chile also danced... it was extremely entertaining :). we all went home on sunday morning...

in other news, my Rotary club in Plön (not my district club; this club is with all the old men and women Rotary members in my town) has invited me to four free days in Mallorca (an island in Spain) with them from April 10-13. they said "as long as you can handle four days interacting with people more than twice your age, you're welcome!" i was already in Mallorca with my host family in October, but i'm more than happy to go again :)

my Rotary club in Plön also invited me to Denmark with them for one day on March 18.

i was supposed to give them a presentation of America in return at one of their Monday night meetings, but they scheduled in on the day i'm going on my Euro Tour with my big Rotary District (that is from April 28 - May 16).

i'll keep in touch!,
jennyg

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

DENMARK!!! the happiest place on earth

Anonymous said...

Jenny,
I am glad you are blogging again as I enjoy reading them and hearing of your adventures. Glad you are enjoying yourself. Love, Mrs. Meade

elizabethann said...

okay, so i finally figured out why you left the country... to escape college spam mail? if only i had thought of it first.

ps. pictures? oh.. yeah about that utube video idea...hm...

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenny,

I love reading about your adventures. I am living vicariously through you. I had fun with your host sister, Kathi, but it would have been even more fun if you could have been there. We will do "three girls on a road trip" in July and stay at Khardomah Lodge. Look up the Podeins in Cologne next time you are there.

Your trip to the North Sea sounds exciting. Was the weather stormy? Call or skype me.

I love you for always and forever!

Mom

Anonymous said...

Cool stuff! What was your skit/dance about America?

-Ben